Hot Harley Nights is an annual event we go to/participate in to help raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation.
It begins with a motorcycle poker run, which lasts much of the afternoon. Bill and I usually borrow his mom’s motorcycle and his parents ride Tom’s. Then we all ride the poker run with a group of their friends. We didn’t have babysitters this year so Bill rode alone and we caught up for our traditional early super at Texas Roadhouse.
Then all the motorcyclists take part in a parade from J&L Harley to Downtown Sioux Falls.
This year, we took the kids to watch the parade instead of riding in it. It lasts about an hour… typically, the parade is so long, the first bike has arrived Downtown before the last one even leaves J&L!
Uncle Brent decided to join us and rode his bike from his apartment. From there, we too head Downtown for the HHN street party.
This was also the day of Alexis got her first haircut! You’ll notice it’s remarkably shorter and more even. I still needed to get her 2 year pictures taken and her hair was so all over the place, I thought this would help it look less messy while helping it grow!
I took her to my stylist, Crystal at Salon Ne Zhoni, who did a fabulous job! Alexis didn’t feel comfortable sitting in the chair by herself, so she sat on my lap. She got a little clingy at times, but Crystal was able to get a straight cut… at least it looks that way!
But once she was done, Alexis was pretty proud with her new look. When Dad got home from his motorcycle ride, I told her to show him her hair & she flipped her hand under the bottom of it & spun around as if she had done it all before.
(Thanks to Aunt Carissa for taking the photos!)
Comments