Carving “Punkins”

With newspapers spread across the table, carving knives and markers at the ready, it was time to show Alexis how to carve a pumpkin.  Bill dug into his work of art and I started giving Alexis options for eyes, nose and a mouth for hers.

IMG_5365

I cut open the top and tried to get her to help pull out the guts.  But she stuck her hand inside, felt the grimy gunk and decided it was not for her.  So I scraped out the inside and she colored on the newspaper instead.

IMG_5366

Once it was done, though, she was willing to take credit for all the work and was ecstatic that her pumpkin was smiling back at her. 

IMG_5368

Bill and I will reveal ours later. hehehe

BTW, I can’t express the extreme satisfaction that I’m catching up on these posts.  I hope you’re enjoying them as much as I am!

Comments