Alexis’ New Bike

Grandpa K. & Maria got Alexis a new bike for Christmas.  And every other year you might wait to put it together until the spring.  But the weather’s been so nice this year, I just couldn’t wait.  So, I pulled out the required tools and turned a box full of parts…

IMG_0470 … into this!  Okay, it didn’t take a whole lot of skill, but I was still pretty proud of myself. LOL Have I mentioned Alexis LOVES princesses?  This was a great pic, Dad & Maria.

IMG_0486 IMG_0488 IMG_0500 IMG_0507

So, I went to pick up the kids from day care after their nap, called Auntie Carissa to see what she was up to and we hit the street!  Busha & Dzia Dzia got Noah a plasma car for Christmas (that’s what was in the BIG box).  He got to play with one at day care and loved it – so we knew it would be a perfect fit.  The yellow color is perfect because he sticks out REAL well on our streets where we don’t have sidewalks yet.

***The image above of the kids together is photo #500 on my camera!  I’ve taken that many since Christmas Eve!***

IMG_0520 IMG_0522We also found out he’s really fascinated with the storm drains.  For some reason he thinks there are monsters down there and has to stop and point at each one.  IMG_0531 IMG_0537Alexis had her first bike crash.  Auntie Carissa thought it was funny that I ran to help her but took a photo first.  Hey, there were no bones broken and we had to document her first single-bike-crash-while-driving-a-straight-line.  Silly girl.  She was just fine.  Just freaked out a little.  Gave her a hug and she was back on the bike speeding along again.

IMG_0538IMG_0546See… no more tears! But we did find another storm drain, or it may have been the same one, which we had to stop by again on the way home.

IMG_0553

Comments