Peepers Is A College Graduate!

I was so proud to sit in the stands with the rest of our family as little Peepers graduated from South Dakota State University – Go Jackrabbits!  Ten years ago, I was sitting where she sat, down on the floor among HUNDREDS of other students.  This place was packed!!!

IMG_8614 IMG_8653

Carissa was in the second to last row in the back and on the far side.  Luck for me, my new lens has a pretty decent zoom!

IMG_8634IMG_8652

We had a couple state leaders in the audience.  That’s South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard in the center of the photo.

IMG_8668And South Dakota Congresswoman Kristi Noem finished her college degree after putting it on hold after her dad’s death. 

IMG_8670And after a few LONG speeches, it was time for the main event.  If I remember correctly, it took about 25 minutes for them to read the names of EVERY student sitting on the floor.  I guess not every college does that.  But I’ll say, I think it’s worth it for the graduate and the family to hear their name (even though it’s butchered sometimes) and go through the ceremonial motions.  

IMG_8692 IMG_8707 IMG_8715Ta Da! Congratulations to the graduate! The good news is, you have six months before you’ll start getting bills for the college loan payments!

IMG_8750 After the ceremony, we headed back to Sioux Falls and had some lunch. 

The next weekend, we celebrated Carissa’s birthday at our house and Noah did the usual by taking the ladies’ shoes at the door and trying them on for size. But this time, he not only grabbed the wedges, he decided to do somersaults in them! He’s going to love these pictures when he gets older!

  IMG_8804 IMG_8809

Claire turned two months old too!  Love the little grin & sleepy pouty face.  Dzia Dzia is getting good at putting her to sleep.  Zzzzzzz.

IMG_8786 IMG_8813

Comments