The Siblings & “Extras” Hit Up Valleyfair

Before we had the kids, there were a couple years we would plan a big day trip to Valleyfair with friends, family and co-workers.  It had been a while and we decided it was time for another.  This time we kept it to the siblings and “extras” (that’s what Bill and Laura call themselves – which now includes Ryan, because when family photos are taken, we do one with the four siblings and then bring in the spouses/significant others for one – which they’ve called the photo with the “extras”. We split into boy and girl cars, left the kids with the grandparents and hit the road!

IMG_8766 IMG_8771 IMG_8773We hit up the White Roller coaster first.  It may be old school, but that thing is still awesome!  Then we found a new one we hadn’t been on before – the Renegade!  We came on a great day because while it was STEAMING hot out, there was also a music festival in town so I think that’s where everyone was.  There were no lines at the park!  So we rode that one a couple times, one right after another, before moving on. 

We usually wait a while to go on the water rides so we’re not soaked and miserable the rest of the day, but we found Thunder Canyon to be a great option to cool off.  It didn’t take long for us to dry off either. 

We always bring our own lunch and head out to the car to eat.  I packed PBJ’s someone brings chips and treats and pop. Again, it was so hot, we started up the cars and ate inside the vehicles to cool of for a little bit. 

IMG_8776 I’m usually up for anything when it comes to rides but I think the heat was getting to me a bit so I passed on the Looping Starship.  But Brent and Laura took it for a few loops – WHEEE!

IMG_8787

Comments