Turner County Fair

When I worked at KELO, I was one of the producers for Inside KELOLAND and I’ll always remember the program I produced with the man in charge of the Turner County Fair.  It’s one of the state’s only free county fairs and has probably the best attendance.  So after the kids got a little bigger, I knew we HAD to come finally check it out! 

After a trolley ride into the grounds, the BIG TRACTORS didn’t need any help catching Noah’s attention.

IMG_9489

One of my favorites is that they have a couple camels!  Yep, camels at the fair!

IMG_9490
IMG_9492

Donkeys, pigs, baby pigs… all adorable!

IMG_9501
IMG_9504

Then we found the cows. One of the handlers was great enough to invite the kids to come pet one of the dairy cows, say hello and learn a little about them.  I thought Alexis would be super excited to get up close to the cow after all our walks to visit the ones near our house.  But I had to carry her to the back end of the cow for her to just touch it and that was enough for her.  Maybe next year.

IMG_9507

She was okay petting some of the goats, but even getting her to do that was a challenge.  We were able to find Darcy, my former co-worker and Turner County Fair “Queen,” and said hello to her.  But it was starting to get dark so we headed for the carnival for a few rides.  The kids hopped in a bouncy house and we all went down the gunny sack slide before grabbing a funnel cake.  Then it was time to head home.  They didn’t want to leave, but I got them to give me one more smile before hopping on the shuttle back to our car.

IMG_9512

Comments