The Band Perry & Rascal Flatts!

I haven’t been to a concert, okay, since last summer, but not like this one!  I actually saw Marilyn Manson at KRROfest last year with Bill.  While it was entertaining and I had fun, it wasn’t something I looked forward to for weeks and then listened to the albums for two weeks beforehand.  That IS what I did leading up to The Band Perry’s concert!  Oh, yeah, Rascal Flatts was there too.

IMG_9629
IMG_9630
IMG_9649

We got bleacher seats because I didn’t want to be up high on the side.  I think the view turned out pretty well, but we didn’t have much leg room so they weren’t the most comfortable.  Bill mentioned he felt like he was spooning the person in front of him.  Ha!  Okay, no more bleacher seats.

I actually bought the tickets for Carissa and Ryan, Bill and I.  They actually were more interested in Rascal Flatts.  I was more excited about TBP and they put on a great show! But it was so great seeing both together.  Great sister time!

IMG_9666
IMG_9667

I did have to twist Bill’s arm though.  He’s not really into country.  I don’t listen to it a whole lot but have really enjoyed TBP’s albums.  After screaming my brains out for more than an hour, it was time for Rascals.  It took a while for the set change so we waited in line for the ladies’ room for 20 minutes.  Holy cow!  I sure hope they have more women’s rooms in the Events Center!

And then it was time!

IMG_9678
IMG_9682
IMG_9689
IMG_9706

They were great!  I actually didn’t know a few of their songs because I had stopped listening to country for a while, but they also had great personalities & interaction with the crowd.  True performers! 

IMG_9716

And then they disappointed me.  Just before the encore, Carissa gave me a big grin.  She had just seen Rascal Flatts in Omaha a few months ago and knew what they had closed with.  They had not sang “our” song yet, “My Wish.”  I got all excited, and then they came back out and started singing some Summertime song.  Bad decision! It’s 40 degrees outside and you’re singing about Summertime.  Nope.  Doesn’t work.  We also heard lots of other ladies talking about how they were disappointed they didn’t sing “My Wish” too, so it wasn’t just us.  Guess I’ll just have to go see TBP when they’re in town again!

Comments